A simple quiche with shortcrust pastry, zucchini, mint and sheep milk cheese. You can adapt the ingredients.
Zucchini, Sheep milk cheese & mint quiche
- 220 g flour any kind
- 100 g butter softened
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 cl tepid water
- 2 large zucchini
- 120 fresh sheep's milk cheese
- 3 medium eggs
- About 15 mint leaves
- 15 cl milk
- 20 cl sour cream
- Mix the flour and salt in a bowl.
- Add the soft butter previously diced. Mix for a few minutes with your fingertips until you get a semolina-like texture.
- Add the water all at once to bind the dough and form a ball. Add a small amount of water if necessary, or conversely a little flour.
- Let the dough rest while you prepare the filling.
- Wash the courgettes and cut them into slices. Dice the cheese.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, milk and cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the dough on a floured surface or baking paper.
- Put the dough in a pie dish with fairly high edges (with baking paper).
- Put the cheese and zucchini on the dough. Sprinkle with chopped mint leaves.
- Pour the egg, cream and milk mixture over the zucchini.
- Cook 30 to 35 minutes at 180°C. Check the cooking with the tip of a knife.
- Serve with a small salad garnished. Enjoy hot, warm or cold.
You can replace the butter by olive oil for the dough, and the cream and milk by a vegetable milk (e.g. oat milk). For the dough: you can use different types of flour: for example, mix wholemeal flour with white flour and add a little gomasio. Feta cheese can be used as a fresh sheep’s cheese.