A perfect fall recipe: squash, mushrooms and chesnuts! Easy to prepare, it will bring you some comfort on a cold fall day! Enjoy…
Squash gratin with mushrooms and chesnuts
- 500 g squash butternut, blue hubbard squash, …
- 5 cremini mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100 g cooked chesnuts
- Few slices of cheese Comté or ewe cheese for instance
- 4 tbsp of sour cream
- 1 egg
- olive oil
- Peel and dice the squash into medium sized cubes.
- Steam the squash for 20 minutes.
- Finely chop the garlic and cut the mushrooms into strips.
- Fry the garlic and mushrooms for a good 5 minutes in olive oil in a frying pan.
- Crumble the chestnuts.
- In a bowl, beat the egg with the cream.
- Once the squash is cooked, crush it very coarsely with a fork in a lightly oiled gratin dish.
- Add the mushrooms, the garlic and the chestnut pieces, and mix everything together gently.
- Pour over the egg + cream mixture and mix again gently to homogenize.
- Place a few slices of cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes at 180°C.
You can replace the chestnuts by walnut kernels or crushed hazelnuts. For a vegan version: replace the sour cream with oat cream and remove the egg and cheese. You can add 2 tablespoons of flour to the cream, for example kamut or chestnut flour, to thicken and give consistency to the gratin. Moreover, why not replace the cheese with a crumble made of almond/nut powder, flour, a little breadcrumbs or olive oil to cover your gratin?