A simple and yet delicious way to recycle leek tops in a healthy zero waste soup! Enjoy.
Smooth leek top soup
- 2 leek tops
- 2 carrots
- 2 potatoes
- 200 g butternut squash
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp paprika
- vegetable broth
- Prepare the vegetable stock: heat 1.2 l of water and add 2 vegetable stock cubes or heat up some homemade vegetable stock.
- Rinse the leek greens and carrots.
- Peel the potatoes and a piece of butternut squash.
- Cut the vegetables into large pieces.
- Pour the vegetables into a pot and cover with vegetable stock.
- Cook for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Check the cooking with a knife and if necessary cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove one or two ladles of water and mix. If you want a more liquid soup, you can add then more broth.
- Add the spices and salt / pepper to taste. Leave for 5 minutes over low heat, stirring regularly.
- Enjoy hot! For an even greedier note, add a drizzle of pumpkin seed oil or a spoonful of heavy cream.