Here is a recipe for a sweet and sour autumn salad. A very simple and quick salad to prepare, but also very tasty!
This recipe is inspired by a salad I tasted in the Italian city of Parma.
Some ideas for variations at the end of the recipe…
Pear, spinach shoots, parmesan & nuts salad
- 100 g spinach shoots
- 300 g pear Williams type for example – not too ripe
- A handful of parmesan shavings
- A small handful of walnuts
- A small handful of hazelnuts
- Balsamic vinegar
- Rinse the spinach shoots and pears.
- Cut the pear(s) into quarters and cut the quarters into very thin slices. You can also cut them in half crosswise.
- Place the spinach shoots in a salad bowl. Add the pear slices and mix.
- Crush the walnuts and hazelnuts very coarsely and sprinkle the pieces over the salad. Add the Parmesan shavings.
- Add a generous drizzle of balsamic vinegar and pepper.
- Toss just before serving.