Here is a light and refreshing recipe for the summer, super easy to make but also to customize, according to your tastes and the ingredients you have on hand…
I give you some suggestions for seasoning at the end of the recipe, feel free to adapt it as you wish!
- 1 kg zucchini
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- Hazelnut oil you can substitute with olive or pumpkin seed oil
- 8 basil leaves
- 2 mint leaves
- Sweet paprika
- salt & pepper
- 8/10 hazelnuts
- Ricotta or fresh sheep’s cheese optional
- Start by cooking the zucchini, enough in advance so that they can cool down before enjoying the cold soup! Wash the Zucchini, keep the skin if it is organic, and cut it into cubes or slices. You can either steam it in a pan with vegetable stock, or fry it in a pan and cover it with vegetable stock. In any case, allow ten to fifteen minutes until the zucchini slices are melting.
- While the zucchini slices are cooking, chop the garlic cloves and fry them in a little oil in a pan until the garlic is slightly browned.
- Then pour the Zucchini into another container and mix them. Take a little stock (start with a ladle). If you have steamed the zucchini, simply add a ladleful of stock (cold or hot). Add the garlic.
- Blend with an immersion blender (or in a blender). Depending on the consistency, add a second helping of stock if you want a more liquid gazpacho.
- Then add the basil and mint leaves, and the seasoning (paprika, salt, pepper, and a dash of oil), and blend again. Taste, and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- At this point, if you wish, you can add the cheese (ricotta or fresh sheep’s cheese for example) and mix with a spoon or blender.
- Keep in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Just before serving, crush a few hazelnuts and place in each bowl.