This recipe was created in the 50s in Amiens (North of France) by the cook Marcel Lefèvre. It is today a dish considered as a Picardy speciality. Easy and fun to prepare, it’s also very tasty. Follow the recipe step-by-step!
French crepes rolled and stuffed with mushrooms & ham
- 8 crepes to make 8 pancakes, you will need the following quantities of ingredients: 160 g of flour, 2 eggs, 25 g of melted butter, 32 cl of milk
- 500 g button mushrooms
- 100 g scallots
- ½ glass of white wine
- 7 tbsp thick sour cream
- 60 g grated cheese
- 8 thin slices of ham or 4 big slices cut in half
- 25 g butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Prepare the crepe mixture if you need to cook some.
- Chop shallots and mushrooms very finely after cleaning them. These ingredients will be used to prepare a duxelles (finely chopped mushrooms steamed in butter with onions and/or shallots).
- First fry the shallots for a good 5 minutes in a frying pan with a knob of butter on medium heat. Mix regularly.
- Then add the mushrooms and cover. Stir from time to time.
- After about 10 minutes, remove the lid and finish cooking for another 10 minutes, allowing the cooking water to evaporate. If necessary, remove the remaining cooking juice with a strainer.
- Season the preparation: add a dash of lemon juice, grate the nutmeg generously, season with pepper and a little salt.
- Then add 3 tablespoons of sour cream and the white wine. Mix well and reduce again for 5 minutes, then set aside.
- If you don’t already have crepe, cook some in a crepe pan.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and then prepare the stuffed crepes.
- Take a crepe, place a slice of ham in the center of the crepe, and pour 3 tablespoons of mushroom duxelles in the center of the crepe, forming a sausage.
- Roll the crepe on itself and place in a buttered casserole dish (choose a dish that is neither too large nor too small so that it can be filled with all the rolled crepes).
- Do the same with the other crepes.
- Brush the top of the crepes with the remaining sour cream and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake at 200°C for 12 minutes. Check the baking process.
- Serve hot with a small salad (e.g. endives).