A simple and healthy salad which is perfect for the winter / endive season. I usually serve it as a light dinner with egg and toast.
Endive, apple, cheese, nuts and seeds salad
- 1 sweet apple
- 2 medium endives
- 40 g cheese comté or gouda for instance
- 1 handful of walnut kernels
- 2 tbsp seeds mix sunflower and pumpkin seeds with raisins
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Wash the apple (and peel it if it is not organic) and cut it into small cubes.
- Remove the damaged leaves from the endives and rinse them if necessary. Cut both ends of the endive. Slice the endive lengthwise in 3 and then cut small strips.
- Cut the cheese into small cubes.
- Mix the endives, apples and cheese in a bowl. Add the seeds.
- Just before serving, prepare the sauce: mix the honey and oil in a bowl and pour over the salad.