This is a delicious and seasonal recipe, easy to prepare and really delicious! A great dessert to share with family and friends. Apricots and pistachios are a perfect combination!
Apricot & pistachio crumble
- 14 apricots medium size
- 1 tbsp natural orange blossom water extract
- 1 tbsp honey thyme or acacia for instance…
- 80 g soft butter
- 40 g caster sugar
- 75 g flour
- 50 g almond powder
- Rinse the apricots and dry them.
- Cut them in half (or 3 or 4 if they are very large) and remove the stone. Put the apricot pieces in a bowl.
- Mix the honey with a tablespoon of water and the orange blossom. Pour the mixture over the apricots and mix well to distribute.
- Butter a rectangular dish (I use a 20 cm x 18 cm dish) and place the apricot halves. Don't hesitate to place them tightly together and overlap them to give your crumble more thickness.
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C.
- Prepare the crumble: use your fingertips to work the soft butter, previously cut into small pieces ,with the flour and almond powder. When you have a sandy texture, after a few minutes, add the sugar and continue to mix well.
- Coarsely crush the pistachios in a mortar and add them to the crumble.
- Spread the crumble evenly over the apricots.
- Bake the apricot crumble for 25-30 minutes at 190°C, until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold, and add a scoop of ice cream (pistachio for example! or vanilla…) or a little bit of whipped cream to counterbalance the slight acidity of the apricots when cooked.